IIS: IUSR and IWAM password


I found the following tips but to retrieve IUSR and IWAM password, they always returned ********, to fix it I changed the IsSecureProperty value into adsutil.vbs

To obtain the IUSR account password
cscript.exe adsutil.vbs get w3svc/anonymoususerpass

To obtain the IWAM account password
cscript.exe adsutil.vbs get w3svc/wamuserpass

Other tips:

To set the IUSR account password
cscript.exe adsutil.vbs set w3svc/anonymoususerpass "password"

To set the IWAM account password
cscript.exe adsutil.vbs set w3svc/wamuserpass "password"
Share on Google Plus

About Vittorio Pavesi

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 commenti:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip. For some reason my iusr account kept assigning the wrong password. I used your tip and entered the password manually. And my apps ran perfectly. Thanks.