MSA 1000 Experience


I've been experiencing some small problems with a new HP MSA 1000 that I've used for a 64 bit SQL 2005 cluster.
MSA 1000 has 2 Fiber Channel Switches so each node has redundant connection. First of all you need to install MPIO on each client because it allow to manage path redundancy (*).
During failover tests I tried to turn off nodes, remove disk controllers and disconnect fibers to verify everything works properly.
When I disconnected one fiber, the MultiPath worked properly, when I removed the second fiber from the same note the MS Cluster service fails instead of failover... After a small brainstorming we updated MSA 1000 firmware and we fixed it.
(*) If you don't install MPIO on each client you'll see duplicate disks see here.
Share on Google Plus

About Vittorio Pavesi

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 commenti: